$type=slider$snippet=hide$cate=0$au=0$cm=0$show=home

5 tips to prevent wrinkles due to air pollution


We know pollution is bad for our health, new research now shows that our skin is feeling the effects too.

Only 20 per cent of all signs of premature skin ageing is down to our genes. The remaining 80 per cent is a result of lifestyle choices and the environment we live in, including UV rays, smoke and, air pollution.

It is the size of the air pollution particles that poses the real issue for our complexion. At 30 times less than the width of human hair, they are much smaller than the pores of our skin and can easily penetrate our skin.

Research which has looked at the skin of women that live in urban areas versus more rural areas has found that the former who are exposed to a lot more traffic related pollution have greater signs of ageing. There is more hyper pigmentation, the brown age spots, particularly on forehead and cheeks and also wrinkles compared to the women who live in the countryside. Those living in areas with higher air pollution levels tend to develop wrinkles at an earlier age.

Some emerging data also shows that individuals that live in areas of poor air quality have compromised skin hydration, compared to individuals that live in less polluted locations.

So what can we do to protect ourselves?
  • Eat more oily fish. Omega-3 fatty acids in flax, and fish oils were found to prevent and treat the inflammation and oxidative stress caused by air pollution. 
  • Choose antioxidant ingredients to help neutralize damage done by free radicals. 
  • Don’t forget an SPF 15 or above to protect you from UV rays. 
  • Cleanse skin every night so that dirt and environmental toxins are removed from the surface. 
  • Moisturize daily, particularly if you have a tendency to dry skin. This will keep your skin hydrated, helping to maintain the integrity of its barrier function. 






$type=two$count=10$p=1$meta=0$show=/p/faq.html

$type=blogging$count=10$p=1$cm=0$au=0$show=/p/figures.html

$type=one$count=10$p=1$cm=0$au=0$show=/p/environment.html

$type=one$h=250$count=10$p=1$cm=0$au=0$show=/p/health.html

$type=two$count=10$p=1$cm=0$au=0$show=/p/air-quality.html

$type=one$count=10$p=1$cm=0$au=0$show=/p/news.html

[In the spotlight]_$type=sticky$count=4$cate=1$meta=0$hide=home

Naam

air quality,20,environment,6,faq,7,figures,7,health,13,in the spotlight,7,news,7,
ltr
item
Insight in Air Quality | Air quality, health and environment: 5 tips to prevent wrinkles due to air pollution
5 tips to prevent wrinkles due to air pollution
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-M_LjBVzfRo8/WTmv-XWjiHI/AAAAAAAAAPs/W3-R2gwxcYgHFoFMXt0cTL30bfaK8kMZQCLcB/s1600/170522_wrinkled%2Bwoman-1030746__340.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-M_LjBVzfRo8/WTmv-XWjiHI/AAAAAAAAAPs/W3-R2gwxcYgHFoFMXt0cTL30bfaK8kMZQCLcB/s72-c/170522_wrinkled%2Bwoman-1030746__340.jpg
Insight in Air Quality | Air quality, health and environment
http://www.insightairquality.com/2017/07/5-tips-to-prevent-wrinkles-due-to-air.html
http://www.insightairquality.com/
http://www.insightairquality.com/
http://www.insightairquality.com/2017/07/5-tips-to-prevent-wrinkles-due-to-air.html
true
5496410664436987146
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGINA's POSTS ViewAll RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tueday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saterday Sun Min Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July Agust September Oktober November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec jusst now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy